Chinese Cupping Therapy
What is Cupping?
Cupping is an ancient therapy used for pain reduction, boosting the body’s immune system, and releasing rigid soft tissue. Cupping therapy has been used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for centuries, and the results that this simple treatment produces are impressive.
I offer both Air Cupping (done with a hand-held pneumatic pump) and traditional Fire Cupping (done with 🔥FIRE). Both techniques are painless, yet highly effective.
What Are the Benefits of Cupping?
- flushes lactic acid & stagnant blood from acute & chronically contracted muscles
- breaks up adhesions in soft tissue
- relieves pain from sciatica, back pain, shin splints, whiplash & other conditions
- alleviates discomfort from respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis & the common cold
- boost the immune system
- encourages a sufficient supply of nutrition and blood circulation to muscle & skin tissues
- moves old blood & lymph fluid out of soft tissue
- increases secretion of digestive fluids &relives chronic gastroenteritis & colon blockages
- Watch My Cupping Q&A Video!
COSMETIC CUPPING – LEARN MORE
Gua Sha is abrading the skin with pieces of smooth jade, bone, animal tusks or horns or smooth stones until red spots, then bruising cover the area to which it is done. It is believed that this treatment is for almost any ailment including cholera. The red spots and bruising take 3 to 10 days to heal, there is often some soreness in the area that has been treated.