Many people get a massage to relax and reduce the stress caused by daily life, however massages aren’t just great for relaxation, they may also help to relieve the symptoms of many health problems.
Here are just a few of the ways massage may help you and improve your health:
- Relaxation and stress relief: stress can cause everything from the common cold, weight gain and even heart disease.
- Improvement of blood circulation: when this improves, your cells are nourished and your muscles can relax.
- Relief for tight muscles caused by sitting too much and not moving around during your day.
- Relief of nerve compressions caused by tight muscles.
- Increased flexibility and range of motion.
- Softening of scar tissues and faster healing of muscle tears.
- Helps you to fall asleep and stay asleep
Massage also increases circulation! Your entire body needs oxygen and nutrients but it’s important that oxygen can get to your muscles. If enough oxygen doesn’t get to your muscles, you’ll start to experience some muscle pain, tightness, and cramps. The circulatory effects of getting a massage may also even help inflammation problems you may have such as arthritis or edema.
Massage is a wonderfully relaxing experience. While providing relaxation, it can also lower the heart rate, respiratory rate, and blood pressure.Regular massage also boosts the immune system, and decreases the physical, emotional, and mental toll of ongoing stress.